The NFT Buzz
Crypto and NFT News

Equipping the World for the Golden Age of Space Exploration: Inaugural 2022 Spaceship NFT Drop


Star Atlas launches the next phase of its Galactic Asset Offering featuring a series of new spacetime-bending Unreal Engine 5 in-game ships

The grand overture to the spectacular 2022 season of ship manufacturing will be the release of the Fimbul Airbike spacecraft on Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 9 AM PST (5 PM UTC), followed by continuous drops approximately every two weeks. The ship’s information page on the Galactic Marketplace features a countdown to sale starting time as well as photo galleries with action shots and schematics. As with previous drops, the page also details in-game specs, including Crew capacity, Components and Modules, which are viewable on individual asset pages.

This new phase of the Galactic Asset Offering will not only make more ships available players but also bring in a vastly larger variety of ships to the market. There will be a total of 51 new ships coming to the market, of which three will be gigantic awe-inspiring Titan class ships that will be sold via a fair auction system later this year. A more detailed roster of ship models and specs will be revealed over time to allow for individual Star Atlas players and guilds (Decentralized Autonomous Corporations) alike to strategize about their fleet composition, gameplay direction and bulk purchasing options.

Players will be able to enroll these ships in the Faction Fleet (SCORE) game feature to earn ATLAS, including the future Ship Missions module, and use them in subsequent iterations of the cinematic quality Unreal Engine 5 Showroom Module. See the official Star Atlas Roadmap for more information on these features.

With this drop, the payment model for new ships is moving towards a majority utilization of the Star Atlas in-game currency, ATLAS. The availability of each new ship’s supply will be in a 80–20 ratio of ATLAS and UDSC, 80% of the total quantity being set for purchase exclusively with ATLAS and the remaining 20% with USDC. As is already the case for existing ships, new ones will also trade in both currency markets simultaneously.

Fimbul Airbike

Coming from a faction agnostic manufacturer, Fimbul, this nimble sky thunderer measures 3.8m (12.5 feet) in length. Its composition from reusable materials coming largely from civilian space flight technologies gives it a special charm and universal utility.

Ship spec: Racer /// Rarity: Common /// Class: XX-Small /// Available supply: 375,000 /// Price: 262,500 at 15 USDC and 112,500 at 20 USDC

The Fimbul Airbike is the perfect starter ship for the budget conscious space traveler. Even though the oversized impulse engine fitting is using some slightly dated technologies, the Airbike can still perform speeds and distances typical of its class. Fresh off the production line, this ship does not come with stocked weapons, but the hardpoint can be equipped aftermarket to utilize all of its capabilities. Shipcraft engineers tend to fondly recall their first Airbike blueprint that turned them onto the wonders of space flight.

Link to the ship on Galactic Marketplace.

Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state of the art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video game, and decentralized financial technologies.

Real-time graphics technology using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. Blockchain technology using the Solana protocol established a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas creates an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership. To learn more, visit, join a faction at and send your spaceships on a deep space mission by enrolling them into the Faction Fleet.

Twitter | Discord | YouTube | Instagram | Reddit | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitch | Tik Tok | Telegram | Audius | Medium

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.